The Lord is back!! I have been so excited for this book and now that it finally came, I couldn’t wait to read it! With This Man is the fourth book of the This Man series by Jodi Ellen Malpas. This book has all the feels, the hot scenes, and the Jesse Ward style trampling that readers love and expect from JEM! Totally a 5-star read.
Here’s the blurb for the book-
Life is good for Jesse “The Lord” Ward. Perfect, actually. He still has the charm, he’s in great shape, and he still reduces his wife, Ava, to a pool of desire with a mere look. He’s in full control, just how he likes it.
But Jesse’s perfect world falls apart when a terrible accident lands Ava in the hospital with a life-threatening head injury. Devastated and angry, he feels like his entire existence hangs in the balance. He cannot survive without this woman’s love. So when she finally comes around, his shaking world begins to level out. But his nightmare doesn’t end there. It’s only just begun. Because his wife can’t remember the last sixteen years of her life. That’s all of him. All of their time together. He is a stranger to her.
Now Jesse must do whatever it takes to find her memories . . . and help her fall madly, passionately in love with him all over again.
Jesse and Ava will always be one of my go-to books for re-reading. If you haven’t read This Man then pick it up and read it pronto! You will not be disappointed! Get the 4- book series on kindle here for $32- The This Man Series (4 Book Series)
Jesss Ward has an addiction to Sun-Pat peanut butter so I thought it would be cool to find a peanut butter recipe to try out. I decided to tweak the ideas floating around on the internet and make peanut butter stuffed chocolate cupcakes. Don’t judge me LOL! So I took the lazy way since we’re moving soon and I’m low on baking supplies and used a box of chocolate cake mix. The stuffing is just peanut butter and powdered sugar mixed. The powdered sugar will help make it less sticky while making it sweeter too.
So here’s my make-shift recipe:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 cups of creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Optional- powdered sugar for sprinkling on top
- Mix 2 cups peanut butter and 1 cup powdered sugar until well blended and set aside.
- Prepare Chocolate cake mix as shown on box.
- Using a cupcake/muffin pan, line with cupcake liners. Fill each with chocolate cake mix to about 1/4 full.
- Scoop one small spoonful of peanut butter mixture into each, making sure to keep it within the center.
- Cover peanut butter mixture with more chocolate cake mix, each should be 1/2 or 3/4 of the way full. You don’t want to fill them too much and them spillover during baking. Trust me, it gets messy!
- Bake cupcakes according to package on box or until well done. Oven times will vary due to different ovens, temps, etc.
I chose to sprinkle the tops of each cupcake with a little powdered sugar instead of icing them BUT I bet a peanut butter icing would be amazing!
~Enjoy & Happy Reading!~